Jun 20, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Ryan Braun played through a thumb injury for a long time before finally being placed on the disabled list this week and Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that it now “seems likely he’ll miss much more than the minimum 15 days.”
That makes the Brewers’ decision to let Braun remain on the active roster for so long seem even more questionable, although for the most part the former MVP remained productive with what the team is now calling an inflamed nerve in his right hand.
Because the disabled list stint was backdated Braun is eligible to return Monday, but that’s obviously not going to happen and missing the remainder of the first half sounds possible at this point.
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)