Jun 20, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Ryan Braun played through a thumb injury for a long time before finally being placed on the disabled list this week and Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that it now “seems likely he’ll miss much more than the minimum 15 days.”
That makes the Brewers’ decision to let Braun remain on the active roster for so long seem even more questionable, although for the most part the former MVP remained productive with what the team is now calling an inflamed nerve in his right hand.
Because the disabled list stint was backdated Braun is eligible to return Monday, but that’s obviously not going to happen and missing the remainder of the first half sounds possible at this point.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 3
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 26
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 70
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 172
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (172)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)