Jun 20, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Ryan Braun played through a thumb injury for a long time before finally being placed on the disabled list this week and Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that it now “seems likely he’ll miss much more than the minimum 15 days.”
That makes the Brewers’ decision to let Braun remain on the active roster for so long seem even more questionable, although for the most part the former MVP remained productive with what the team is now calling an inflamed nerve in his right hand.
Because the disabled list stint was backdated Braun is eligible to return Monday, but that’s obviously not going to happen and missing the remainder of the first half sounds possible at this point.
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 1
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 5
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 18
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 41
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 22