Jun 20, 2013, 9:44 AM EST
Toronto keeps on humming along. They won their eighth straight last night, beating the Rockies 5-2. They are now 12-4 in the month of June and only seven and a half games out of first place. Thanks, mostly, to the pitching getting on track. The pen was great last night — it’s been a strength all season — but the rotation is becoming more reliable as well.
Here’s the fun part: they’re getting hot just as they turn to face their betters in the AL East. They have a three-game series against Baltimore ahead of them, where they will whip out Dickey, Wang and Johnson, much to my juvenile glee. Then they get three against the Rays and four against the Red Sox.
If they stay hot in this stretch, they’re back in the race. After everyone declared them dead.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 63
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (99)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (86)