Jun 20, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
Toronto keeps on humming along. They won their eighth straight last night, beating the Rockies 5-2. They are now 12-4 in the month of June and only seven and a half games out of first place. Thanks, mostly, to the pitching getting on track. The pen was great last night — it’s been a strength all season — but the rotation is becoming more reliable as well.
Here’s the fun part: they’re getting hot just as they turn to face their betters in the AL East. They have a three-game series against Baltimore ahead of them, where they will whip out Dickey, Wang and Johnson, much to my juvenile glee. Then they get three against the Rays and four against the Red Sox.
If they stay hot in this stretch, they’re back in the race. After everyone declared them dead.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)