Jun 20, 2013, 9:44 AM EST
Toronto keeps on humming along. They won their eighth straight last night, beating the Rockies 5-2. They are now 12-4 in the month of June and only seven and a half games out of first place. Thanks, mostly, to the pitching getting on track. The pen was great last night — it’s been a strength all season — but the rotation is becoming more reliable as well.
Here’s the fun part: they’re getting hot just as they turn to face their betters in the AL East. They have a three-game series against Baltimore ahead of them, where they will whip out Dickey, Wang and Johnson, much to my juvenile glee. Then they get three against the Rays and four against the Red Sox.
If they stay hot in this stretch, they’re back in the race. After everyone declared them dead.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)