Jun 20, 2013, 6:29 PM EST
Bryce Harper isn’t the only member of the Nationals who is nearing a return. According to Dan Kolko of MASNSports.com, Nationals manager Davey Johnson said today that catcher Wilson Ramos should be playing in rehab games within the next 10 days.
Ramos was placed on the disabled list on May 16 after he aggravated a left hamstring strain. The 25-year-old backstop had a minor setback while running earlier this month, but Kolko reports that a recent MRI came back clean. The Nationals figure to be extra cautious given that this was his second stint on DL this season, but he should be back around the All-Star break if all goes well.
Ramos showed a lot of promise when he hit .267/.334/.445 with 15 home runs and 52 RBI in 113 games as a rookie in 2011, but a knee injury limited him to 25 games last season and he has only appeared in 11 games this year.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 255
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 130
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 113
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (255)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (130)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (113)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)