Jun 21, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
Six days after suffering a concussion when he was hit behind the ear by a line drive Rays right-hander Alex Cobb continues to experience symptoms.
He felt good enough to be at Tropicana Field yesterday and do some light arm exercises for the first time, but Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune reports that Cobb “has some fluid behind his right ear and is having trouble with his balance.”
There’s no timetable for his return and Cobb will likely be shifted to the 15-day disabled list, allowing the Rays to be patient with his recovery from a brain injury.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)