Jun 21, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Six days after suffering a concussion when he was hit behind the ear by a line drive Rays right-hander Alex Cobb continues to experience symptoms.
He felt good enough to be at Tropicana Field yesterday and do some light arm exercises for the first time, but Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune reports that Cobb “has some fluid behind his right ear and is having trouble with his balance.”
There’s no timetable for his return and Cobb will likely be shifted to the 15-day disabled list, allowing the Rays to be patient with his recovery from a brain injury.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)