Jun 21, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Six days after suffering a concussion when he was hit behind the ear by a line drive Rays right-hander Alex Cobb continues to experience symptoms.
He felt good enough to be at Tropicana Field yesterday and do some light arm exercises for the first time, but Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune reports that Cobb “has some fluid behind his right ear and is having trouble with his balance.”
There’s no timetable for his return and Cobb will likely be shifted to the 15-day disabled list, allowing the Rays to be patient with his recovery from a brain injury.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)