Jun 21, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
Six days after suffering a concussion when he was hit behind the ear by a line drive Rays right-hander Alex Cobb continues to experience symptoms.
He felt good enough to be at Tropicana Field yesterday and do some light arm exercises for the first time, but Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune reports that Cobb “has some fluid behind his right ear and is having trouble with his balance.”
There’s no timetable for his return and Cobb will likely be shifted to the 15-day disabled list, allowing the Rays to be patient with his recovery from a brain injury.
- Report: Royals agree to a deal with Omar Infante worth about $30 million over four years 0
- Major League Baseball to investigate Randy Levine for tampering as a result of Mike Trout comment 10
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” 83
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 17
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 60
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)