Jun 21, 2013, 8:52 AM EDT
Bad news from Stockton, California, where Giants center fielder Angel Pagan was carted off the field last night.
Pagan was rehabbing a hamstring for the San Jose Giants when, in the ninth inning against the Stockton Ports, he hit a ground ball to second base but pulled up lame three-quarters up the line. He went to the ground and stayed there for several minutes before being loaded onto a groundskeeper’s cart and taken from the field.
Pagan hurt his hamstring in late May and decided to get platlet-rich plasma injections instead of surgery. Assuming his hamstring is back to square one or worse, it’s quite possible that Pagan will need surgery now and will be gone for the bulk of the rest of the reason at the very least.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)