Jun 21, 2013, 8:52 AM EST
Bad news from Stockton, California, where Giants center fielder Angel Pagan was carted off the field last night.
Pagan was rehabbing a hamstring for the San Jose Giants when, in the ninth inning against the Stockton Ports, he hit a ground ball to second base but pulled up lame three-quarters up the line. He went to the ground and stayed there for several minutes before being loaded onto a groundskeeper’s cart and taken from the field.
Pagan hurt his hamstring in late May and decided to get platlet-rich plasma injections instead of surgery. Assuming his hamstring is back to square one or worse, it’s quite possible that Pagan will need surgery now and will be gone for the bulk of the rest of the reason at the very least.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 29
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 62
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)