Jun 21, 2013, 8:52 AM EST
Bad news from Stockton, California, where Giants center fielder Angel Pagan was carted off the field last night.
Pagan was rehabbing a hamstring for the San Jose Giants when, in the ninth inning against the Stockton Ports, he hit a ground ball to second base but pulled up lame three-quarters up the line. He went to the ground and stayed there for several minutes before being loaded onto a groundskeeper’s cart and taken from the field.
Pagan hurt his hamstring in late May and decided to get platlet-rich plasma injections instead of surgery. Assuming his hamstring is back to square one or worse, it’s quite possible that Pagan will need surgery now and will be gone for the bulk of the rest of the reason at the very least.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 71
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 40
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 22
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)