Jun 21, 2013, 7:45 PM EST
Per the team’s official Twitter account, the Angels have placed left-handed starter Jason Vargas on the disabled list due to a blood clot found near his left armpit. To fill the empty spot on the roster, the Angels promoted Billy Buckner from Triple-A Salt Lake. Buckner carries a 4.50 ERA in 72 innings spanning 12 starts in the Minors.
After starting the year with a series of rough starts, Vargas appeared to turn the corner recently. In seven starts dating back to May 14, Vargas posted a 3.06 ERA in 47 innings, striking out 35 and walking 14. The Angels had acquired him in the off-season in the trade that sent Kendrys Morales to Seattle.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)