Jun 21, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
Per the team’s official Twitter account, the Angels have placed left-handed starter Jason Vargas on the disabled list due to a blood clot found near his left armpit. To fill the empty spot on the roster, the Angels promoted Billy Buckner from Triple-A Salt Lake. Buckner carries a 4.50 ERA in 72 innings spanning 12 starts in the Minors.
After starting the year with a series of rough starts, Vargas appeared to turn the corner recently. In seven starts dating back to May 14, Vargas posted a 3.06 ERA in 47 innings, striking out 35 and walking 14. The Angels had acquired him in the off-season in the trade that sent Kendrys Morales to Seattle.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)