Jun 21, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Wally Backman is my spirit animal. Here’s Ike Davis’ line at las Vegas: 10 games, .306/.457/.583, four homers. He went 3 for 5 with two home runs and two RBI last night. On Wednesday he was 2 for 2 with three walks.
Yes, it has come in a crazy-friendly hitting environment, but the way Davis has been going you figure he could figure out a way not to hit in Las Vegas if anyone could. The Mets still plan on keeping him down for a few weeks, but this is encouraging.
Now: is anyone in Atlanta’s front office taking note of this for B.J. Upton? Just asking!
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)