Jun 21, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Wally Backman is my spirit animal. Here’s Ike Davis’ line at las Vegas: 10 games, .306/.457/.583, four homers. He went 3 for 5 with two home runs and two RBI last night. On Wednesday he was 2 for 2 with three walks.
Yes, it has come in a crazy-friendly hitting environment, but the way Davis has been going you figure he could figure out a way not to hit in Las Vegas if anyone could. The Mets still plan on keeping him down for a few weeks, but this is encouraging.
Now: is anyone in Atlanta’s front office taking note of this for B.J. Upton? Just asking!
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (126)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)