Jun 21, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Wally Backman is my spirit animal. Here’s Ike Davis’ line at las Vegas: 10 games, .306/.457/.583, four homers. He went 3 for 5 with two home runs and two RBI last night. On Wednesday he was 2 for 2 with three walks.
Yes, it has come in a crazy-friendly hitting environment, but the way Davis has been going you figure he could figure out a way not to hit in Las Vegas if anyone could. The Mets still plan on keeping him down for a few weeks, but this is encouraging.
Now: is anyone in Atlanta’s front office taking note of this for B.J. Upton? Just asking!
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 46
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 49
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)