Jun 21, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Wally Backman is my spirit animal. Here’s Ike Davis’ line at las Vegas: 10 games, .306/.457/.583, four homers. He went 3 for 5 with two home runs and two RBI last night. On Wednesday he was 2 for 2 with three walks.
Yes, it has come in a crazy-friendly hitting environment, but the way Davis has been going you figure he could figure out a way not to hit in Las Vegas if anyone could. The Mets still plan on keeping him down for a few weeks, but this is encouraging.
Now: is anyone in Atlanta’s front office taking note of this for B.J. Upton? Just asking!
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 107
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8