Jun 21, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Wally Backman is my spirit animal. Here’s Ike Davis’ line at las Vegas: 10 games, .306/.457/.583, four homers. He went 3 for 5 with two home runs and two RBI last night. On Wednesday he was 2 for 2 with three walks.
Yes, it has come in a crazy-friendly hitting environment, but the way Davis has been going you figure he could figure out a way not to hit in Las Vegas if anyone could. The Mets still plan on keeping him down for a few weeks, but this is encouraging.
Now: is anyone in Atlanta’s front office taking note of this for B.J. Upton? Just asking!
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)