Jun 21, 2013, 4:46 PM EST
Uehara has long been one of the best, most underrated relievers in baseball and signed a one-year, $4.25 million deal with the Red Sox as a free agent this offseason despite coming into this season with a 3.13 ERA and ridiculous 188/26 K/BB ratio in 176 career innings.
He’s been fantastic in a setup role for the Red Sox this year, tossing 30 innings with a 2.10 ERA and 42/7 K/BB ratio while holding opponents to a .176 batting average. And he even has a little closing experience, saving 13 games for the Orioles in 2010.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (360)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)