Jun 21, 2013, 4:46 PM EST
Uehara has long been one of the best, most underrated relievers in baseball and signed a one-year, $4.25 million deal with the Red Sox as a free agent this offseason despite coming into this season with a 3.13 ERA and ridiculous 188/26 K/BB ratio in 176 career innings.
He’s been fantastic in a setup role for the Red Sox this year, tossing 30 innings with a 2.10 ERA and 42/7 K/BB ratio while holding opponents to a .176 batting average. And he even has a little closing experience, saving 13 games for the Orioles in 2010.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40