Jun 21, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
Uehara has long been one of the best, most underrated relievers in baseball and signed a one-year, $4.25 million deal with the Red Sox as a free agent this offseason despite coming into this season with a 3.13 ERA and ridiculous 188/26 K/BB ratio in 176 career innings.
He’s been fantastic in a setup role for the Red Sox this year, tossing 30 innings with a 2.10 ERA and 42/7 K/BB ratio while holding opponents to a .176 batting average. And he even has a little closing experience, saving 13 games for the Orioles in 2010.
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 0
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 11
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (87)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (75)