Jun 21, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
While there is a lower class I am in it; while there is a criminal element I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free!
Former All-Star outfielder Lenny Dykstra has been released from prison in California after serving time for bankruptcy fraud. Federal Bureau of Prisons records show the 50-year-old has been freed. A message left for his attorney Christopher Dybwad was not immediately returned Friday.
Somewhere in California right now Lenny Dykstra is trying to convince someone of something. It could be anything from a real estate deal to what they should order for dinner. But whatever it is, that person is thinking “well, he seems like such a nice guy, I suppose …”
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 88
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 229
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (229)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)