Jun 21, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
Per the Dodger Twitter account, outfielder Matt Kemp will begin his rehab assignment with the Triple-A Albuquerque Isotopes tomorrow. Kemp has been sidelined since May 30 with a strained right hamstring. He had struggled through his first two months, posting a .640 OPS in 210 plate appearances before winding up on the shelf, so perhaps the time off will allow him to start his season anew.
Kemp has been just one in a long line of Dodgers to wind up in the infirmary. Andre Ethier, who has been playing center field as of late, was not in tonight’s lineup either due to knee soreness, but the team’s hope is that eventually the outfield will include Kemp, Ethier, and Yasiel Puig. The NL West is anything but a sure thing and the Dodgers, only 8.5 games out of first place, can still make it interesting.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 66
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 23
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 25
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 95
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)