Jun 21, 2013, 9:25 PM EST
Per the Dodger Twitter account, outfielder Matt Kemp will begin his rehab assignment with the Triple-A Albuquerque Isotopes tomorrow. Kemp has been sidelined since May 30 with a strained right hamstring. He had struggled through his first two months, posting a .640 OPS in 210 plate appearances before winding up on the shelf, so perhaps the time off will allow him to start his season anew.
Kemp has been just one in a long line of Dodgers to wind up in the infirmary. Andre Ethier, who has been playing center field as of late, was not in tonight’s lineup either due to knee soreness, but the team’s hope is that eventually the outfield will include Kemp, Ethier, and Yasiel Puig. The NL West is anything but a sure thing and the Dodgers, only 8.5 games out of first place, can still make it interesting.
- Where does Nelson Cruz go from here? 38
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers 84
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 23
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 44
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 42
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (102)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers (84)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)