Jun 21, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
Per the Dodger Twitter account, outfielder Matt Kemp will begin his rehab assignment with the Triple-A Albuquerque Isotopes tomorrow. Kemp has been sidelined since May 30 with a strained right hamstring. He had struggled through his first two months, posting a .640 OPS in 210 plate appearances before winding up on the shelf, so perhaps the time off will allow him to start his season anew.
Kemp has been just one in a long line of Dodgers to wind up in the infirmary. Andre Ethier, who has been playing center field as of late, was not in tonight’s lineup either due to knee soreness, but the team’s hope is that eventually the outfield will include Kemp, Ethier, and Yasiel Puig. The NL West is anything but a sure thing and the Dodgers, only 8.5 games out of first place, can still make it interesting.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)