Jun 21, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
Today I received a box:
Inside that box was a cap:
On the side of that cap was a Mariano Rivera commemorative patch:
Then, for the first and last time in my life, I put on a Yankees cap.
These caps are actually pretty cool if Yankees stuff doesn’t bug you. The logo is gold. The patch itself is kinda neat. New Era will make them available to the general public next week. The box, however, won’t be available in stores. I’ll probably put baseball cards in mine. I have no idea if the Yankees will actually wear them at any time this year, but it’d be cool if they did.
Darren Rovell of ESPN posted this pic of a cap he’s apparently received or at least been made privy to. It has the Rivera logo taking the place of the NY. Which seems odd. I can tell you, though, the cap I have sitting right next to me has a regular — albeit gold — interlocking NY on it.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)