Jun 21, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Today I received a box:
Inside that box was a cap:
On the side of that cap was a Mariano Rivera commemorative patch:
Then, for the first and last time in my life, I put on a Yankees cap.
These caps are actually pretty cool if Yankees stuff doesn’t bug you. The logo is gold. The patch itself is kinda neat. New Era will make them available to the general public next week. The box, however, won’t be available in stores. I’ll probably put baseball cards in mine. I have no idea if the Yankees will actually wear them at any time this year, but it’d be cool if they did.
Darren Rovell of ESPN posted this pic of a cap he’s apparently received or at least been made privy to. It has the Rivera logo taking the place of the NY. Which seems odd. I can tell you, though, the cap I have sitting right next to me has a regular — albeit gold — interlocking NY on it.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 41
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 72
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 26
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 132
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 32
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 110
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 89
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (282)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (132)
- Fox’s World Series broadcast gets a low grade from The New York Times (112)