Jun 21, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
Today I received a box:
Inside that box was a cap:
On the side of that cap was a Mariano Rivera commemorative patch:
Then, for the first and last time in my life, I put on a Yankees cap.
These caps are actually pretty cool if Yankees stuff doesn’t bug you. The logo is gold. The patch itself is kinda neat. New Era will make them available to the general public next week. The box, however, won’t be available in stores. I’ll probably put baseball cards in mine. I have no idea if the Yankees will actually wear them at any time this year, but it’d be cool if they did.
Darren Rovell of ESPN posted this pic of a cap he’s apparently received or at least been made privy to. It has the Rivera logo taking the place of the NY. Which seems odd. I can tell you, though, the cap I have sitting right next to me has a regular — albeit gold — interlocking NY on it.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 161
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (161)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)