Jun 21, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Today I received a box:
Inside that box was a cap:
On the side of that cap was a Mariano Rivera commemorative patch:
Then, for the first and last time in my life, I put on a Yankees cap.
These caps are actually pretty cool if Yankees stuff doesn’t bug you. The logo is gold. The patch itself is kinda neat. New Era will make them available to the general public next week. The box, however, won’t be available in stores. I’ll probably put baseball cards in mine. I have no idea if the Yankees will actually wear them at any time this year, but it’d be cool if they did.
Darren Rovell of ESPN posted this pic of a cap he’s apparently received or at least been made privy to. It has the Rivera logo taking the place of the NY. Which seems odd. I can tell you, though, the cap I have sitting right next to me has a regular — albeit gold — interlocking NY on it.
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 0
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 10
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)