Jun 21, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Today I received a box:
Inside that box was a cap:
On the side of that cap was a Mariano Rivera commemorative patch:
Then, for the first and last time in my life, I put on a Yankees cap.
These caps are actually pretty cool if Yankees stuff doesn’t bug you. The logo is gold. The patch itself is kinda neat. New Era will make them available to the general public next week. The box, however, won’t be available in stores. I’ll probably put baseball cards in mine. I have no idea if the Yankees will actually wear them at any time this year, but it’d be cool if they did.
Darren Rovell of ESPN posted this pic of a cap he’s apparently received or at least been made privy to. It has the Rivera logo taking the place of the NY. Which seems odd. I can tell you, though, the cap I have sitting right next to me has a regular — albeit gold — interlocking NY on it.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)