Jun 21, 2013, 2:50 PM EST
Texas activated Mitch Moreland from the disabled list after the first baseman missed the past two weeks with a strained hamstring.
Moreland was having a breakout season before the injury, hitting .288 with 12 homers, 16 doubles, and a .900 OPS in 58 games. He’ll resume starting at first base tonight against the Cardinals after going 6-for-12 with a homer on a brief minor-league rehab assignment.
To make room for Moreland on the roster the Rangers demoted right-hander Josh Lindblom to Triple-A after using him four times as a fill-in starter.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 42
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)