Jun 21, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
Texas activated Mitch Moreland from the disabled list after the first baseman missed the past two weeks with a strained hamstring.
Moreland was having a breakout season before the injury, hitting .288 with 12 homers, 16 doubles, and a .900 OPS in 58 games. He’ll resume starting at first base tonight against the Cardinals after going 6-for-12 with a homer on a brief minor-league rehab assignment.
To make room for Moreland on the roster the Rangers demoted right-hander Josh Lindblom to Triple-A after using him four times as a fill-in starter.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 46
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 98
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (98)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)