Jun 21, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
Texas activated Mitch Moreland from the disabled list after the first baseman missed the past two weeks with a strained hamstring.
Moreland was having a breakout season before the injury, hitting .288 with 12 homers, 16 doubles, and a .900 OPS in 58 games. He’ll resume starting at first base tonight against the Cardinals after going 6-for-12 with a homer on a brief minor-league rehab assignment.
To make room for Moreland on the roster the Rangers demoted right-hander Josh Lindblom to Triple-A after using him four times as a fill-in starter.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 10
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 102
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (128)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (102)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)