Jun 21, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
Texas activated Mitch Moreland from the disabled list after the first baseman missed the past two weeks with a strained hamstring.
Moreland was having a breakout season before the injury, hitting .288 with 12 homers, 16 doubles, and a .900 OPS in 58 games. He’ll resume starting at first base tonight against the Cardinals after going 6-for-12 with a homer on a brief minor-league rehab assignment.
To make room for Moreland on the roster the Rangers demoted right-hander Josh Lindblom to Triple-A after using him four times as a fill-in starter.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)