Jun 21, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
Texas activated Mitch Moreland from the disabled list after the first baseman missed the past two weeks with a strained hamstring.
Moreland was having a breakout season before the injury, hitting .288 with 12 homers, 16 doubles, and a .900 OPS in 58 games. He’ll resume starting at first base tonight against the Cardinals after going 6-for-12 with a homer on a brief minor-league rehab assignment.
To make room for Moreland on the roster the Rangers demoted right-hander Josh Lindblom to Triple-A after using him four times as a fill-in starter.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 1
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 32
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 61
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 12
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)