Jun 21, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
On the bright side Roy Oswalt struck out 11 dudes in five innings. Unfortunately those were accompanied by four runs on nine hits. Not the greatest day ever, but the strikeouts are an encouraging sign.
Or are they? Strikeouts weren’t his problem last season during is forgettable stint with the Rangers. There he struck out a man per inning in his 59 innings of work.
His next three starts come against the Red Sox, Dodgers and Dbacks. Really curious to see if he continues to go all or nothing on the missing bats game.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (141)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)