Jun 21, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
On the bright side Roy Oswalt struck out 11 dudes in five innings. Unfortunately those were accompanied by four runs on nine hits. Not the greatest day ever, but the strikeouts are an encouraging sign.
Or are they? Strikeouts weren’t his problem last season during is forgettable stint with the Rangers. There he struck out a man per inning in his 59 innings of work.
His next three starts come against the Red Sox, Dodgers and Dbacks. Really curious to see if he continues to go all or nothing on the missing bats game.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)