Jun 21, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
On the bright side Roy Oswalt struck out 11 dudes in five innings. Unfortunately those were accompanied by four runs on nine hits. Not the greatest day ever, but the strikeouts are an encouraging sign.
Or are they? Strikeouts weren’t his problem last season during is forgettable stint with the Rangers. There he struck out a man per inning in his 59 innings of work.
His next three starts come against the Red Sox, Dodgers and Dbacks. Really curious to see if he continues to go all or nothing on the missing bats game.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 2
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 20
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)