Jun 21, 2013, 8:23 AM EST
It’s in Danville, California. I assume that he’s selling it so he can buy a place in Santa Clara County, what with the lawsuit and all. I also assume any sale will be contingent on a thorough plumbing inspection:
Located roughly 40 minutes east of the O.co Coliseum, Beane’s home offers 4,836 square feet of living space and has an office and a bonus room to go along with the five en suites. Inside, cherrywood and travertine flooring can be found throughout, while other luxe touches include crown molding, custom draperies and silhouettes. Outside, the more than half-acre grounds feature a sparkling pool and an elevated spa.
Based on the photos of the place, I assume bland, model home-style suburban McMansion furnishings are the new inefficiency.
Beane and his wife bought it in 2002, as “Moneyball” was being researched and written. They purchased it for $1.735 million. It’s listing for $1.895 million. Which means he got way more value out of Scott Hatteberg than he did this particular real estate investment.
[Beane throws a chair, reduces listing price by the value of the chair and the damage to the wall]
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 16
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 59
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)