Jun 22, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Chad Gaudin was hit on the right forearm with a line drive during Thursday night’s start against the Marlins. He was expected to have a light catch session today but he was unable to go. Gaudin was also expected to throw a bullpen tomorrow, but that will likely be pushed back along with Tuesday’s scheduled start against the Dodgers.
Since moving into the rotation on June 2, Gaudin has pitched well, posting a 3.38 ERA over four starts spanning 21.1 innings. 24-year-old lefty Mike Kickham seems to be the logical answer to replace Gaudin temporarily, though he allowed four runs in 2.1 innings in his only Major League start on May 28 against the Athletics.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 12
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 10
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)