Jun 22, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Chad Gaudin was hit on the right forearm with a line drive during Thursday night’s start against the Marlins. He was expected to have a light catch session today but he was unable to go. Gaudin was also expected to throw a bullpen tomorrow, but that will likely be pushed back along with Tuesday’s scheduled start against the Dodgers.
Since moving into the rotation on June 2, Gaudin has pitched well, posting a 3.38 ERA over four starts spanning 21.1 innings. 24-year-old lefty Mike Kickham seems to be the logical answer to replace Gaudin temporarily, though he allowed four runs in 2.1 innings in his only Major League start on May 28 against the Athletics.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 7
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 15
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 14
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)