Jun 22, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Chad Gaudin was hit on the right forearm with a line drive during Thursday night’s start against the Marlins. He was expected to have a light catch session today but he was unable to go. Gaudin was also expected to throw a bullpen tomorrow, but that will likely be pushed back along with Tuesday’s scheduled start against the Dodgers.
Since moving into the rotation on June 2, Gaudin has pitched well, posting a 3.38 ERA over four starts spanning 21.1 innings. 24-year-old lefty Mike Kickham seems to be the logical answer to replace Gaudin temporarily, though he allowed four runs in 2.1 innings in his only Major League start on May 28 against the Athletics.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 42
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (126)