Jun 22, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Chad Gaudin was hit on the right forearm with a line drive during Thursday night’s start against the Marlins. He was expected to have a light catch session today but he was unable to go. Gaudin was also expected to throw a bullpen tomorrow, but that will likely be pushed back along with Tuesday’s scheduled start against the Dodgers.
Since moving into the rotation on June 2, Gaudin has pitched well, posting a 3.38 ERA over four starts spanning 21.1 innings. 24-year-old lefty Mike Kickham seems to be the logical answer to replace Gaudin temporarily, though he allowed four runs in 2.1 innings in his only Major League start on May 28 against the Athletics.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 2
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 13
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 3
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)