Jun 22, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Chad Gaudin was hit on the right forearm with a line drive during Thursday night’s start against the Marlins. He was expected to have a light catch session today but he was unable to go. Gaudin was also expected to throw a bullpen tomorrow, but that will likely be pushed back along with Tuesday’s scheduled start against the Dodgers.
Since moving into the rotation on June 2, Gaudin has pitched well, posting a 3.38 ERA over four starts spanning 21.1 innings. 24-year-old lefty Mike Kickham seems to be the logical answer to replace Gaudin temporarily, though he allowed four runs in 2.1 innings in his only Major League start on May 28 against the Athletics.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)