Jun 22, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Red Sox starter Clay Buchholz is unlikely to come off of the disabled list to start on Tuesday as he felt tightness in his trapezius muscle after throwing from flat ground, reports Scott Lauber of the Boston Herald. The right-hander suffered the injury during his start against the Angels on June 8. CSN New England’s Sean McAdam says Buchholz will now need a rehab stint to get back in shape before being activated.
Buchholz is a perfect 9-0 with an MLB-best 1.71 ERA in 12 starts. In his absence, Alfredo Aceves has made two spot starts, allowing two runs over 11 innings. Allen Webster, back in the Majors for a third time this year, also makes a spot start tonight against the Tigers.
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 2
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 13
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 24
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 43
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)