Jun 22, 2013, 1:47 PM EST
Dan Haren‘s ugly season continued this afternoon, as he failed to make it out of the fourth inning against the Rockies and allowed six runs while recording 10 outs.
Haren actually struck out five and walked zero, but he served up his league-leading 19th homer of the season and now has a 6.15 ERA in 15 starts.
Haren also struggled for much of last season while pitching through back problems and combined during his last 33 starts–one full season, basically–he has a 5.49 ERA with 40 homers allowed in 182 innings.
This offseason Haren signed a one-year, $13 million deal with the Nationals in the hopes of getting healthy and returning to his old top-of-the-rotation ways, but at this point he might be in danger of losing his spot in the rotation.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)