Jun 22, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
Another day, another win for the Blue Jays. Thanks to a dramatic go-ahead two-run homer by Jose Bautista in the bottom of the eighth inning, the Blue Jays defeated the Orioles 4-2 this afternoon for their 10th consecutive win.
The Blue Jays had a 2-1 lead going into the top of the eighth inning behind another solid performance from Chien-Ming Wang, but Darren Oliver coughed it up on a game-tying solo homer by Taylor Teagarden. However, Bautista took Darren O’Day deep with two outs in the bottom of the frame to put Toronto in front. It was sweet revenge for Bautista, as the two exchanged words after O’Day struck out him out last night.
As you can see in the picture to the right and the video below, Bautista had a message for O’Day on the way to home plate:
While the Blue Jays were 10 games under .500 as recently as June 4, they now sit at 37-36 on the year. Amazingly, all five teams in the American League East are currently over .500. This is going to be a fun summer.
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 21
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 38
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 21
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 32
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)