Jun 22, 2013, 5:30 PM EST
Another day, another win for the Blue Jays. Thanks to a dramatic go-ahead two-run homer by Jose Bautista in the bottom of the eighth inning, the Blue Jays defeated the Orioles 4-2 this afternoon for their 10th consecutive win.
The Blue Jays had a 2-1 lead going into the top of the eighth inning behind another solid performance from Chien-Ming Wang, but Darren Oliver coughed it up on a game-tying solo homer by Taylor Teagarden. However, Bautista took Darren O’Day deep with two outs in the bottom of the frame to put Toronto in front. It was sweet revenge for Bautista, as the two exchanged words after O’Day struck out him out last night.
As you can see in the picture to the right and the video below, Bautista had a message for O’Day on the way to home plate:
While the Blue Jays were 10 games under .500 as recently as June 4, they now sit at 37-36 on the year. Amazingly, all five teams in the American League East are currently over .500. This is going to be a fun summer.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 2
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 29
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 89
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 44
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (92)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)