Jun 22, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
Another day, another win for the Blue Jays. Thanks to a dramatic go-ahead two-run homer by Jose Bautista in the bottom of the eighth inning, the Blue Jays defeated the Orioles 4-2 this afternoon for their 10th consecutive win.
The Blue Jays had a 2-1 lead going into the top of the eighth inning behind another solid performance from Chien-Ming Wang, but Darren Oliver coughed it up on a game-tying solo homer by Taylor Teagarden. However, Bautista took Darren O’Day deep with two outs in the bottom of the frame to put Toronto in front. It was sweet revenge for Bautista, as the two exchanged words after O’Day struck out him out last night.
As you can see in the picture to the right and the video below, Bautista had a message for O’Day on the way to home plate:
While the Blue Jays were 10 games under .500 as recently as June 4, they now sit at 37-36 on the year. Amazingly, all five teams in the American League East are currently over .500. This is going to be a fun summer.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8