Jun 22, 2013, 12:12 PM EDT
As if things weren’t going bad enough for Josh Hamilton now the Angels outfielder is out until at least Tuesday with a wrist injury.
According to Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com his right wrist “flared up during an intense pregame hitting drill about 10 days ago” and after initially playing through the pain Hamilton got a cortisone shot Friday, which usually requires multiple days off.
Hamilton has hit just .207 with a .640 OPS and horrendous 76/19 K/BB ratio in 71 games overall, including .171 this month.
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)