Jun 22, 2013, 12:12 PM EDT
As if things weren’t going bad enough for Josh Hamilton now the Angels outfielder is out until at least Tuesday with a wrist injury.
According to Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com his right wrist “flared up during an intense pregame hitting drill about 10 days ago” and after initially playing through the pain Hamilton got a cortisone shot Friday, which usually requires multiple days off.
Hamilton has hit just .207 with a .640 OPS and horrendous 76/19 K/BB ratio in 71 games overall, including .171 this month.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 26
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 18
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)