Jun 22, 2013, 12:12 PM EDT
As if things weren’t going bad enough for Josh Hamilton now the Angels outfielder is out until at least Tuesday with a wrist injury.
According to Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com his right wrist “flared up during an intense pregame hitting drill about 10 days ago” and after initially playing through the pain Hamilton got a cortisone shot Friday, which usually requires multiple days off.
Hamilton has hit just .207 with a .640 OPS and horrendous 76/19 K/BB ratio in 71 games overall, including .171 this month.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 90
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 50
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (93)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)