Jun 22, 2013, 12:12 PM EST
As if things weren’t going bad enough for Josh Hamilton now the Angels outfielder is out until at least Tuesday with a wrist injury.
According to Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com his right wrist “flared up during an intense pregame hitting drill about 10 days ago” and after initially playing through the pain Hamilton got a cortisone shot Friday, which usually requires multiple days off.
Hamilton has hit just .207 with a .640 OPS and horrendous 76/19 K/BB ratio in 71 games overall, including .171 this month.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 18
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)