Jun 22, 2013, 12:12 PM EDT
As if things weren’t going bad enough for Josh Hamilton now the Angels outfielder is out until at least Tuesday with a wrist injury.
According to Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com his right wrist “flared up during an intense pregame hitting drill about 10 days ago” and after initially playing through the pain Hamilton got a cortisone shot Friday, which usually requires multiple days off.
Hamilton has hit just .207 with a .640 OPS and horrendous 76/19 K/BB ratio in 71 games overall, including .171 this month.
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 0
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 17
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 46
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)