Jun 22, 2013, 8:20 PM EST
Brewers closer Francisco “K-Rod” Rodriguez earned the 300th save of his career this afternoon, wrapping up a 2-0 victory over the Braves. He becomes the 25th member of the 300-save club. It was his sixth save of the year and he lowered his ERA to 0.59 (in 15.1 innings) in the effort. However, the Brewers had planned to make Jim Henderson the closer once Rodriguez achieved his milestone.
At 31-42 and just one game out of the cellar in the NL Central, the Brewers should draw interest from contending teams looking to bolster their bullpen, such as the Detroit Tigers and Boston Red Sox.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)