Jun 22, 2013, 11:33 AM EDT
Marlins rookie outfielder Marcell Ozuna had a big game yesterday, going 2-for-4 with a stolen base while driving in the go-ahead run and throwing out a runner on the bases.
And afterward he explained the secret to his success: In-N-Out Burger. Via Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald:
Ozuna contended afterward that he didn’t eat four or five hamburgers from the popular West Coast chain, as his manager and teammates claimed. But he did acknowledge he had three, along with three chocolate chip cookies and a glass of apple juice. No fries. No shake.
“Just three,” Ozuna said of his burger consumption. “My teammates say five. Today I eat three. Tomorrow I eat four, and the next day five, and (then) we leave for Miami.”
It’s always good to have a plan.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)