Jun 22, 2013, 11:33 AM EDT
Marlins rookie outfielder Marcell Ozuna had a big game yesterday, going 2-for-4 with a stolen base while driving in the go-ahead run and throwing out a runner on the bases.
And afterward he explained the secret to his success: In-N-Out Burger. Via Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald:
Ozuna contended afterward that he didn’t eat four or five hamburgers from the popular West Coast chain, as his manager and teammates claimed. But he did acknowledge he had three, along with three chocolate chip cookies and a glass of apple juice. No fries. No shake.
“Just three,” Ozuna said of his burger consumption. “My teammates say five. Today I eat three. Tomorrow I eat four, and the next day five, and (then) we leave for Miami.”
It’s always good to have a plan.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 153
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (165)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (134)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)