Jun 22, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
A lot of people questioned the Red Sox signing Shane Victorino this past offseason. And it’s still up for debate whether he will truly be worth his contract over all three years. But there’s no denying that he’s been useful this season, and last night he was particularly useful against the Tigers. Victorino went 4 for 5 with a home run and five RBI as the Sox beat the Tigers 10-6.
On the year Victorino is now hitting .292/.351/.392 has stolen eight bases and has played fine defense for the Sox. I don’t know if that’s truly worth $13 million, but I do know that the Sox are getting way more for their money than a lot of other teams who signed free agent outfielders who were allegedly safer bets.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)