Jun 22, 2013, 9:57 AM EDT
Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Stephen Strasburg!
The Nats’ ace was a bit rusty in his first start back from the disabled list, but there was no rust to be seen last night against the Rockies. He allowed one run in seven innings, giving up five hits walking no one and striking out nine.
The Nats are slowly turning things around. Strong starts from Jordan Zimmermann and Strasburg, some awakening offense from Ian Desmond and Adam LaRoche. And, quite possibly, a quicker return for Bryce Harper than many expected are all what the doctor ordered. Pair that with a Braves team that is struggling mightily and the NL East is quickly becoming a race again.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 0
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)