Jun 22, 2013, 9:57 AM EDT
Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Stephen Strasburg!
The Nats’ ace was a bit rusty in his first start back from the disabled list, but there was no rust to be seen last night against the Rockies. He allowed one run in seven innings, giving up five hits walking no one and striking out nine.
The Nats are slowly turning things around. Strong starts from Jordan Zimmermann and Strasburg, some awakening offense from Ian Desmond and Adam LaRoche. And, quite possibly, a quicker return for Bryce Harper than many expected are all what the doctor ordered. Pair that with a Braves team that is struggling mightily and the NL East is quickly becoming a race again.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69