Jun 22, 2013, 9:57 AM EDT
Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Stephen Strasburg!
The Nats’ ace was a bit rusty in his first start back from the disabled list, but there was no rust to be seen last night against the Rockies. He allowed one run in seven innings, giving up five hits walking no one and striking out nine.
The Nats are slowly turning things around. Strong starts from Jordan Zimmermann and Strasburg, some awakening offense from Ian Desmond and Adam LaRoche. And, quite possibly, a quicker return for Bryce Harper than many expected are all what the doctor ordered. Pair that with a Braves team that is struggling mightily and the NL East is quickly becoming a race again.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 0
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 43
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 86
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)