Jun 22, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
Wil Myers hit his first major league home run in impressive fashion this afternoon against the Yankees, as he took left-hander CC Sabathia deep for a go-ahead grand slam in the top of the sixth inning at Yankee Stadium. You can watch it right here.
It was an opposite-field homer for Myers, which was encouraging to see for someone who is playing in just his sixth major league game. It just made it over the fence in right-center field, bouncing off the top of the wall and Brett Gardner‘s out-stretched glove. But it will be a 500-footer when he tells his grandkids about it.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 30
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 86
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 85
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)