Jun 22, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
Wil Myers hit his first major league home run in impressive fashion this afternoon against the Yankees, as he took left-hander CC Sabathia deep for a go-ahead grand slam in the top of the sixth inning at Yankee Stadium. You can watch it right here.
It was an opposite-field homer for Myers, which was encouraging to see for someone who is playing in just his sixth major league game. It just made it over the fence in right-center field, bouncing off the top of the wall and Brett Gardner‘s out-stretched glove. But it will be a 500-footer when he tells his grandkids about it.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 75
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 76
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)