Jun 22, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
Wil Myers hit his first major league home run in impressive fashion this afternoon against the Yankees, as he took left-hander CC Sabathia deep for a go-ahead grand slam in the top of the sixth inning at Yankee Stadium. You can watch it right here.
It was an opposite-field homer for Myers, which was encouraging to see for someone who is playing in just his sixth major league game. It just made it over the fence in right-center field, bouncing off the top of the wall and Brett Gardner‘s out-stretched glove. But it will be a 500-footer when he tells his grandkids about it.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (152)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)