Jun 22, 2013, 3:31 PM EST
Wil Myers hit his first major league home run in impressive fashion this afternoon against the Yankees, as he took left-hander CC Sabathia deep for a go-ahead grand slam in the top of the sixth inning at Yankee Stadium. You can watch it right here.
It was an opposite-field homer for Myers, which was encouraging to see for someone who is playing in just his sixth major league game. It just made it over the fence in right-center field, bouncing off the top of the wall and Brett Gardner‘s out-stretched glove. But it will be a 500-footer when he tells his grandkids about it.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)