Jun 22, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
Wil Myers hit his first major league home run in impressive fashion this afternoon against the Yankees, as he took left-hander CC Sabathia deep for a go-ahead grand slam in the top of the sixth inning at Yankee Stadium. You can watch it right here.
It was an opposite-field homer for Myers, which was encouraging to see for someone who is playing in just his sixth major league game. It just made it over the fence in right-center field, bouncing off the top of the wall and Brett Gardner‘s out-stretched glove. But it will be a 500-footer when he tells his grandkids about it.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)