Jun 22, 2013, 10:26 AM EST
Too bad the Athletics aren’t talented and stuff. Imagine what they’d do if they had talent to go with all that chemistry!
Oh, wait, they do have talent. One of their more talented player is Yoenis Cespedes. He flashed some of that talent last night, hitting two homers and knocking in four runs in last night’s win over the Mariners.
While Cespedes has struggled overall this month — likely due to a wonky hamstring — he has hit two homers in three games since the calendar turned to June. Encouraging, however, is the fact that he played in left last night rather than DHing, which suggests that his leg is getting better.
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 26
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 24
- Roy Halladay is retiring 54
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 50
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)