Jun 22, 2013, 10:26 AM EST
Too bad the Athletics aren’t talented and stuff. Imagine what they’d do if they had talent to go with all that chemistry!
Oh, wait, they do have talent. One of their more talented player is Yoenis Cespedes. He flashed some of that talent last night, hitting two homers and knocking in four runs in last night’s win over the Mariners.
While Cespedes has struggled overall this month — likely due to a wonky hamstring — he has hit two homers in three games since the calendar turned to June. Encouraging, however, is the fact that he played in left last night rather than DHing, which suggests that his leg is getting better.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)