Jun 22, 2013, 10:26 AM EDT
Too bad the Athletics aren’t talented and stuff. Imagine what they’d do if they had talent to go with all that chemistry!
Oh, wait, they do have talent. One of their more talented player is Yoenis Cespedes. He flashed some of that talent last night, hitting two homers and knocking in four runs in last night’s win over the Mariners.
While Cespedes has struggled overall this month — likely due to a wonky hamstring — he has hit two homers in three games since the calendar turned to June. Encouraging, however, is the fact that he played in left last night rather than DHing, which suggests that his leg is getting better.
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 28
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 72
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 64
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)