Jun 22, 2013, 10:26 AM EST
Too bad the Athletics aren’t talented and stuff. Imagine what they’d do if they had talent to go with all that chemistry!
Oh, wait, they do have talent. One of their more talented player is Yoenis Cespedes. He flashed some of that talent last night, hitting two homers and knocking in four runs in last night’s win over the Mariners.
While Cespedes has struggled overall this month — likely due to a wonky hamstring — he has hit two homers in three games since the calendar turned to June. Encouraging, however, is the fact that he played in left last night rather than DHing, which suggests that his leg is getting better.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 48
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)