Jun 22, 2013, 10:26 AM EST
Too bad the Athletics aren’t talented and stuff. Imagine what they’d do if they had talent to go with all that chemistry!
Oh, wait, they do have talent. One of their more talented player is Yoenis Cespedes. He flashed some of that talent last night, hitting two homers and knocking in four runs in last night’s win over the Mariners.
While Cespedes has struggled overall this month — likely due to a wonky hamstring — he has hit two homers in three games since the calendar turned to June. Encouraging, however, is the fact that he played in left last night rather than DHing, which suggests that his leg is getting better.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 18
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 54
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 33
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)