Jun 23, 2013, 10:36 AM EDT
Tyler Killian of the Arizona Republic has the news:
Second baseman Aaron Hill (broken left hand) is expected to rejoin the Diamondbacks sometime during their three-game series in Washington, which starts Tuesday.
Hill suffered a small fracture in his left hand when he was struck by a pitch back in early April. He was only expected to miss a total of four weeks but wound up experiencing multiple setbacks along his recovery route.
Cliff Pennington has been serving as the Diamondbacks’ primary second baseman with Didi Gregorius handling shortstop. In all, Arizona second basemen have hit .278/.339/.377 this season. Hill, who won the Silver Slugger at second base in 2012, was batting .306/.405/.556 in 10 games before hitting the shelf.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)