Jun 23, 2013, 10:36 AM EDT
Tyler Killian of the Arizona Republic has the news:
Second baseman Aaron Hill (broken left hand) is expected to rejoin the Diamondbacks sometime during their three-game series in Washington, which starts Tuesday.
Hill suffered a small fracture in his left hand when he was struck by a pitch back in early April. He was only expected to miss a total of four weeks but wound up experiencing multiple setbacks along his recovery route.
Cliff Pennington has been serving as the Diamondbacks’ primary second baseman with Didi Gregorius handling shortstop. In all, Arizona second basemen have hit .278/.339/.377 this season. Hill, who won the Silver Slugger at second base in 2012, was batting .306/.405/.556 in 10 games before hitting the shelf.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 19
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 25
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 136
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)