Jun 23, 2013, 10:36 AM EDT
Tyler Killian of the Arizona Republic has the news:
Second baseman Aaron Hill (broken left hand) is expected to rejoin the Diamondbacks sometime during their three-game series in Washington, which starts Tuesday.
Hill suffered a small fracture in his left hand when he was struck by a pitch back in early April. He was only expected to miss a total of four weeks but wound up experiencing multiple setbacks along his recovery route.
Cliff Pennington has been serving as the Diamondbacks’ primary second baseman with Didi Gregorius handling shortstop. In all, Arizona second basemen have hit .278/.339/.377 this season. Hill, who won the Silver Slugger at second base in 2012, was batting .306/.405/.556 in 10 games before hitting the shelf.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 184
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (202)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)