Jun 23, 2013, 10:36 AM EDT
Tyler Killian of the Arizona Republic has the news:
Second baseman Aaron Hill (broken left hand) is expected to rejoin the Diamondbacks sometime during their three-game series in Washington, which starts Tuesday.
Hill suffered a small fracture in his left hand when he was struck by a pitch back in early April. He was only expected to miss a total of four weeks but wound up experiencing multiple setbacks along his recovery route.
Cliff Pennington has been serving as the Diamondbacks’ primary second baseman with Didi Gregorius handling shortstop. In all, Arizona second basemen have hit .278/.339/.377 this season. Hill, who won the Silver Slugger at second base in 2012, was batting .306/.405/.556 in 10 games before hitting the shelf.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)