Jun 23, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos says he will activate shortstop Jose Reyes from the disabled list on Thursday, per Mike Harrington. Reyes, absent since suffering a sprained left ankle on April 12, will wind up his rehab with Triple-A Buffalo, then head to Double-A New Hampshire before rejoining his teammates on Thursday to play the Red Sox.
Reyes went on the DL hitting .395 with five stolen bases in 43 trips to the plate. In his place, the Jays have used Munenori Kawasaki (.233) and Maicer Izturis at shortstop (.228). With a 13-5 victory over the Orioles this afternoon, they moved their winning streak to 11 games and are now just five games out of first place in the AL East.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 1
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 91
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)