Jun 23, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos says he will activate shortstop Jose Reyes from the disabled list on Thursday, per Mike Harrington. Reyes, absent since suffering a sprained left ankle on April 12, will wind up his rehab with Triple-A Buffalo, then head to Double-A New Hampshire before rejoining his teammates on Thursday to play the Red Sox.
Reyes went on the DL hitting .395 with five stolen bases in 43 trips to the plate. In his place, the Jays have used Munenori Kawasaki (.233) and Maicer Izturis at shortstop (.228). With a 13-5 victory over the Orioles this afternoon, they moved their winning streak to 11 games and are now just five games out of first place in the AL East.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 13
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 22
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 43
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 63
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 92
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)