Jun 23, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos says he will activate shortstop Jose Reyes from the disabled list on Thursday, per Mike Harrington. Reyes, absent since suffering a sprained left ankle on April 12, will wind up his rehab with Triple-A Buffalo, then head to Double-A New Hampshire before rejoining his teammates on Thursday to play the Red Sox.
Reyes went on the DL hitting .395 with five stolen bases in 43 trips to the plate. In his place, the Jays have used Munenori Kawasaki (.233) and Maicer Izturis at shortstop (.228). With a 13-5 victory over the Orioles this afternoon, they moved their winning streak to 11 games and are now just five games out of first place in the AL East.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 20
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 88
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)