Jun 23, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos says he will activate shortstop Jose Reyes from the disabled list on Thursday, per Mike Harrington. Reyes, absent since suffering a sprained left ankle on April 12, will wind up his rehab with Triple-A Buffalo, then head to Double-A New Hampshire before rejoining his teammates on Thursday to play the Red Sox.
Reyes went on the DL hitting .395 with five stolen bases in 43 trips to the plate. In his place, the Jays have used Munenori Kawasaki (.233) and Maicer Izturis at shortstop (.228). With a 13-5 victory over the Orioles this afternoon, they moved their winning streak to 11 games and are now just five games out of first place in the AL East.
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 38
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)