Jun 23, 2013, 12:10 PM EST
WTAM 1100′s Nick Camino reports that Nick Swisher is back in the Indians’ starting lineup on Sunday after sitting out seven full days with left shoulder discomfort. He will start at first base and bat cleanup as the Tribe wrap up a three-game weekend set with the Twins at Progressive Field.
Swisher’s shoulder issues date back to April, but he has managed to avoid the 15-day disabled list so far.
The 32-year-old is batting .237/.337/.402 with seven home runs, 14 doubles and 24 RBI over 61 games played this season. He inked a four-year, $56 million free agent contract with Cleveland over the winter after spending four years with the Yankees.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 7
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (92)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)