Jun 23, 2013, 12:10 PM EST
WTAM 1100’s Nick Camino reports that Nick Swisher is back in the Indians’ starting lineup on Sunday after sitting out seven full days with left shoulder discomfort. He will start at first base and bat cleanup as the Tribe wrap up a three-game weekend set with the Twins at Progressive Field.
Swisher’s shoulder issues date back to April, but he has managed to avoid the 15-day disabled list so far.
The 32-year-old is batting .237/.337/.402 with seven home runs, 14 doubles and 24 RBI over 61 games played this season. He inked a four-year, $56 million free agent contract with Cleveland over the winter after spending four years with the Yankees.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15