Jun 23, 2013, 12:10 PM EDT
WTAM 1100’s Nick Camino reports that Nick Swisher is back in the Indians’ starting lineup on Sunday after sitting out seven full days with left shoulder discomfort. He will start at first base and bat cleanup as the Tribe wrap up a three-game weekend set with the Twins at Progressive Field.
Swisher’s shoulder issues date back to April, but he has managed to avoid the 15-day disabled list so far.
The 32-year-old is batting .237/.337/.402 with seven home runs, 14 doubles and 24 RBI over 61 games played this season. He inked a four-year, $56 million free agent contract with Cleveland over the winter after spending four years with the Yankees.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 22
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 34
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 30
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 39
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)