Jun 23, 2013, 12:10 PM EST
WTAM 1100’s Nick Camino reports that Nick Swisher is back in the Indians’ starting lineup on Sunday after sitting out seven full days with left shoulder discomfort. He will start at first base and bat cleanup as the Tribe wrap up a three-game weekend set with the Twins at Progressive Field.
Swisher’s shoulder issues date back to April, but he has managed to avoid the 15-day disabled list so far.
The 32-year-old is batting .237/.337/.402 with seven home runs, 14 doubles and 24 RBI over 61 games played this season. He inked a four-year, $56 million free agent contract with Cleveland over the winter after spending four years with the Yankees.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)