Jun 23, 2013, 12:10 PM EDT
WTAM 1100’s Nick Camino reports that Nick Swisher is back in the Indians’ starting lineup on Sunday after sitting out seven full days with left shoulder discomfort. He will start at first base and bat cleanup as the Tribe wrap up a three-game weekend set with the Twins at Progressive Field.
Swisher’s shoulder issues date back to April, but he has managed to avoid the 15-day disabled list so far.
The 32-year-old is batting .237/.337/.402 with seven home runs, 14 doubles and 24 RBI over 61 games played this season. He inked a four-year, $56 million free agent contract with Cleveland over the winter after spending four years with the Yankees.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)