Jun 23, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
In a column posted earlier today, MLB.com’s William Boor suggests that Angels reliever Ryan Madson may not pitch in 2013. Madson, recovering from Tommy John surgery, was expected to pitch at some point in the first half, but as he felt elbow soreness after one one-inning rehab appearance with Single-A Inland Empire on May 13, his return date was pushed further and further back.
Madson hasn’t thrown a pitch in the Majors since the end of the 2011 season with the Phillies. He signed a one-year, $8.5 million deal with the Reds, but had to undergo Tommy John surgery. Following the 2012 season, the Angels picked him up on a one-year, $3.5 million deal with performance incentives, but their luck hasn’t been any better.
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 1
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 4
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 11
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)