Jun 23, 2013, 6:05 PM EST
In a column posted earlier today, MLB.com’s William Boor suggests that Angels reliever Ryan Madson may not pitch in 2013. Madson, recovering from Tommy John surgery, was expected to pitch at some point in the first half, but as he felt elbow soreness after one one-inning rehab appearance with Single-A Inland Empire on May 13, his return date was pushed further and further back.
Madson hasn’t thrown a pitch in the Majors since the end of the 2011 season with the Phillies. He signed a one-year, $8.5 million deal with the Reds, but had to undergo Tommy John surgery. Following the 2012 season, the Angels picked him up on a one-year, $3.5 million deal with performance incentives, but their luck hasn’t been any better.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 33
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)