Jun 23, 2013, 6:05 PM EST
In a column posted earlier today, MLB.com’s William Boor suggests that Angels reliever Ryan Madson may not pitch in 2013. Madson, recovering from Tommy John surgery, was expected to pitch at some point in the first half, but as he felt elbow soreness after one one-inning rehab appearance with Single-A Inland Empire on May 13, his return date was pushed further and further back.
Madson hasn’t thrown a pitch in the Majors since the end of the 2011 season with the Phillies. He signed a one-year, $8.5 million deal with the Reds, but had to undergo Tommy John surgery. Following the 2012 season, the Angels picked him up on a one-year, $3.5 million deal with performance incentives, but their luck hasn’t been any better.
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 7
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 105
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (105)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)