Jun 23, 2013, 8:53 AM EDT
With a 10-game winning streak, the Blue Jays are the hottest team in baseball. But here comes Texas.
The Rangers tallied four runs on eight hits Saturday against Cardinals youngster Shelby Miller and got a promising outing from Martin Perez, winning 4-2 in the second game of a three-game set at Busch Stadium in downtown St. Louis. The eight hits were a season-high for Miller and the win was the Rangers’ fourth in a row. Nelson Cruz hit his 19th home run of the season and A.J. Pierzynski hit his seventh.
The finale of this 2011 World Series rematch is the ESPN Sunday Night Baseball game. It was supposed to feature Adam Wainwright vs. Yu Darvish, but Darvish was bumped to Tuesday for non-physical reasons and Nick Tepesch will start for Texas instead. The Rangers are currently tied at the top of the American League West standings with Oakland.
Your Saturday box scores and recaps:
Marlins 1, Giants 2 (11 innings)
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)