Jun 23, 2013, 8:20 PM EST
The Twins have promoted pitching prospect Kyle Gibson to the Majors, per Dustin Morse on Twitter. He will make his debut on Saturday against the Royals at Target Field. The Twins also optioned Pedro Hernandez to Triple-A Rochester.
With Rochester, Gibson posted a 3.01 ERA over 15 starts spanning 92.2 innings. He averaged nearly three strikeouts for every walk and was very stingy with allowing home runs. The 25-year-old entered the season rated as Baseball America’s #68 overall prospect.
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 50
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 21
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)