Jun 23, 2013, 8:20 PM EST
The Twins have promoted pitching prospect Kyle Gibson to the Majors, per Dustin Morse on Twitter. He will make his debut on Saturday against the Royals at Target Field. The Twins also optioned Pedro Hernandez to Triple-A Rochester.
With Rochester, Gibson posted a 3.01 ERA over 15 starts spanning 92.2 innings. He averaged nearly three strikeouts for every walk and was very stingy with allowing home runs. The 25-year-old entered the season rated as Baseball America’s #68 overall prospect.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 121
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 368
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (368)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (123)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)