Jun 23, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
The Twins have promoted pitching prospect Kyle Gibson to the Majors, per Dustin Morse on Twitter. He will make his debut on Saturday against the Royals at Target Field. The Twins also optioned Pedro Hernandez to Triple-A Rochester.
With Rochester, Gibson posted a 3.01 ERA over 15 starts spanning 92.2 innings. He averaged nearly three strikeouts for every walk and was very stingy with allowing home runs. The 25-year-old entered the season rated as Baseball America’s #68 overall prospect.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 39
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 23
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)