Jun 23, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
The Twins have promoted pitching prospect Kyle Gibson to the Majors, per Dustin Morse on Twitter. He will make his debut on Saturday against the Royals at Target Field. The Twins also optioned Pedro Hernandez to Triple-A Rochester.
With Rochester, Gibson posted a 3.01 ERA over 15 starts spanning 92.2 innings. He averaged nearly three strikeouts for every walk and was very stingy with allowing home runs. The 25-year-old entered the season rated as Baseball America’s #68 overall prospect.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (220)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)