Jun 23, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
The Twins have promoted pitching prospect Kyle Gibson to the Majors, per Dustin Morse on Twitter. He will make his debut on Saturday against the Royals at Target Field. The Twins also optioned Pedro Hernandez to Triple-A Rochester.
With Rochester, Gibson posted a 3.01 ERA over 15 starts spanning 92.2 innings. He averaged nearly three strikeouts for every walk and was very stingy with allowing home runs. The 25-year-old entered the season rated as Baseball America’s #68 overall prospect.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 55
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)