Jun 24, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
The Astros announced this evening that left-hander Wade LeBlanc has been designated for assignment while infielder Marwin Gonzalez has been optioned to Triple-A Oklahoma City. The team will announce corresponding roster moves tomorrow.
LeBlanc was claimed off waivers from the Marlins earlier this month and allowed five runs (four earned) on four hits and three walks over 3 2/3 innings with the club. The 29-year-old has a 5.50 ERA and 32/18 K/BB ratio in 52 1/3 innings over seven starts and nine relief appearances overall this season.
Gonzalez has struggled after getting off to a hot start this season, hitting just .230 with a .589 OPS and a 33/5 K/BB ratio in 54 games. Prospect shortstop Jonathan Villar is a possibility to replace him on the active roster, though Jake Elmore could be called up first as a stopgap.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 3
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)