Jun 24, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
The Astros announced this evening that left-hander Wade LeBlanc has been designated for assignment while infielder Marwin Gonzalez has been optioned to Triple-A Oklahoma City. The team will announce corresponding roster moves tomorrow.
LeBlanc was claimed off waivers from the Marlins earlier this month and allowed five runs (four earned) on four hits and three walks over 3 2/3 innings with the club. The 29-year-old has a 5.50 ERA and 32/18 K/BB ratio in 52 1/3 innings over seven starts and nine relief appearances overall this season.
Gonzalez has struggled after getting off to a hot start this season, hitting just .230 with a .589 OPS and a 33/5 K/BB ratio in 54 games. Prospect shortstop Jonathan Villar is a possibility to replace him on the active roster, though Jake Elmore could be called up first as a stopgap.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 10
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 102
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (128)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (102)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)