Jun 24, 2013, 6:23 PM EDT
Indians’ closer Chris Perez was hoping to be activated from the disabled list following a successful bullpen session yesterday, but he’s not ready yet.
Jordan Bastian of MLB.com reports that Perez is scheduled to make another rehab appearance tomorrow with Class A Mahoning Valley. Perez, out since May 26 with right shoulder soreness, yielded five runs on five hits (including three homers) in one inning during his last rehab appearance last Tuesday. While his shoulder feels fine, the Indians want to see how he fares tomorrow before bringing him back.
Perez, 27, had a 4.32 ERA and 18/10 K/BB ratio in 16 2/3 innings prior to landing on the disabled list. He is 6-for-8 in save chances this season.
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 5
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 45
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 47
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 37
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 36
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 90
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 98
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (99)