Jun 24, 2013, 6:23 PM EST
Indians’ closer Chris Perez was hoping to be activated from the disabled list following a successful bullpen session yesterday, but he’s not ready yet.
Jordan Bastian of MLB.com reports that Perez is scheduled to make another rehab appearance tomorrow with Class A Mahoning Valley. Perez, out since May 26 with right shoulder soreness, yielded five runs on five hits (including three homers) in one inning during his last rehab appearance last Tuesday. While his shoulder feels fine, the Indians want to see how he fares tomorrow before bringing him back.
Perez, 27, had a 4.32 ERA and 18/10 K/BB ratio in 16 2/3 innings prior to landing on the disabled list. He is 6-for-8 in save chances this season.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 23
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 27
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 96
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (96)