Jun 24, 2013, 6:23 PM EST
Indians’ closer Chris Perez was hoping to be activated from the disabled list following a successful bullpen session yesterday, but he’s not ready yet.
Jordan Bastian of MLB.com reports that Perez is scheduled to make another rehab appearance tomorrow with Class A Mahoning Valley. Perez, out since May 26 with right shoulder soreness, yielded five runs on five hits (including three homers) in one inning during his last rehab appearance last Tuesday. While his shoulder feels fine, the Indians want to see how he fares tomorrow before bringing him back.
Perez, 27, had a 4.32 ERA and 18/10 K/BB ratio in 16 2/3 innings prior to landing on the disabled list. He is 6-for-8 in save chances this season.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 25
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (375)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)