Jun 24, 2013, 11:43 PM EST
Troubling news concerning one of the top pitching prospects in the game.
According to Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com, Orioles right-hander Dylan Bundy had a setback earlier today when he felt discomfort while throwing from a distance of 120 feet. Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com hears that he’ll pay visits to team orthopedist Dr. John Wilckens and Dr. James Andrews in the coming days.
Bundy hasn’t thrown a pitch this season due to an injury to his right flexor mass, an area where the forearm meets the elbow. The 20-year-old was shut down for six weeks after Andrews administered a platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injection at the end of April, he was able to resume throwing earlier this month. The hope was that he would be able to contribute with the Orioles at some point during the second half, but his timetable is very much up in the air right now.
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 18
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 30
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 81
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)