Jun 24, 2013, 11:43 PM EDT
Troubling news concerning one of the top pitching prospects in the game.
According to Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com, Orioles right-hander Dylan Bundy had a setback earlier today when he felt discomfort while throwing from a distance of 120 feet. Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com hears that he’ll pay visits to team orthopedist Dr. John Wilckens and Dr. James Andrews in the coming days.
Bundy hasn’t thrown a pitch this season due to an injury to his right flexor mass, an area where the forearm meets the elbow. The 20-year-old was shut down for six weeks after Andrews administered a platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injection at the end of April, he was able to resume throwing earlier this month. The hope was that he would be able to contribute with the Orioles at some point during the second half, but his timetable is very much up in the air right now.
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 15
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 33
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 15
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)