Jun 24, 2013, 11:43 PM EDT
Troubling news concerning one of the top pitching prospects in the game.
According to Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com, Orioles right-hander Dylan Bundy had a setback earlier today when he felt discomfort while throwing from a distance of 120 feet. Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com hears that he’ll pay visits to team orthopedist Dr. John Wilckens and Dr. James Andrews in the coming days.
Bundy hasn’t thrown a pitch this season due to an injury to his right flexor mass, an area where the forearm meets the elbow. The 20-year-old was shut down for six weeks after Andrews administered a platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injection at the end of April, he was able to resume throwing earlier this month. The hope was that he would be able to contribute with the Orioles at some point during the second half, but his timetable is very much up in the air right now.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 42
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 57
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)