Jun 24, 2013, 11:43 PM EDT
Troubling news concerning one of the top pitching prospects in the game.
According to Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com, Orioles right-hander Dylan Bundy had a setback earlier today when he felt discomfort while throwing from a distance of 120 feet. Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com hears that he’ll pay visits to team orthopedist Dr. John Wilckens and Dr. James Andrews in the coming days.
Bundy hasn’t thrown a pitch this season due to an injury to his right flexor mass, an area where the forearm meets the elbow. The 20-year-old was shut down for six weeks after Andrews administered a platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injection at the end of April, he was able to resume throwing earlier this month. The hope was that he would be able to contribute with the Orioles at some point during the second half, but his timetable is very much up in the air right now.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)