Jun 24, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
Mark Teixeira is back on the disabled list for a second time with the wrist injury he suffered during the World Baseball Classic and last week’s cortisone injection apparently hasn’t helped.
Yankees general manager Brian Cashman told Andy McCullough of the Newark Star Ledger that Teixeira “is still sore, even after the shot” and “it’s clearly not a good situation.”
Cashman has said repeatedly that surgery was always an option for Teixeira and the lack of progress he’s made recently seemingly raises those odds quite a bit. Teixeira has played in just 15 of the Yankees’ first 75 games, hitting .151. He’s been back on the disabled list since June 16.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)