Jun 24, 2013, 9:41 PM EDT
After landing on the disabled list over the weekend with what was described as right biceps tendinitis, Phillies reliever Mike Adams could be facing an extended absence.
Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro, Jr. told Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com this evening that Adams “could require some surgery” to address a labrum issue. We should have more definitive word after he gets a second opinion tomorrow from Dr. Neal ElAttrache in Los Angeles.
Adams, who turns 35 next month, owns a 3.96 ERA and 23/11 K/BB ratio over 25 innings this season. He signed a two-year, $12 million contract with the Phillies over the winter.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 21
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 117
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)