Jun 24, 2013, 9:41 PM EDT
After landing on the disabled list over the weekend with what was described as right biceps tendinitis, Phillies reliever Mike Adams could be facing an extended absence.
Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro, Jr. told Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com this evening that Adams “could require some surgery” to address a labrum issue. We should have more definitive word after he gets a second opinion tomorrow from Dr. Neal ElAttrache in Los Angeles.
Adams, who turns 35 next month, owns a 3.96 ERA and 23/11 K/BB ratio over 25 innings this season. He signed a two-year, $12 million contract with the Phillies over the winter.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)