Jun 24, 2013, 9:41 PM EDT
After landing on the disabled list over the weekend with what was described as right biceps tendinitis, Phillies reliever Mike Adams could be facing an extended absence.
Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro, Jr. told Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com this evening that Adams “could require some surgery” to address a labrum issue. We should have more definitive word after he gets a second opinion tomorrow from Dr. Neal ElAttrache in Los Angeles.
Adams, who turns 35 next month, owns a 3.96 ERA and 23/11 K/BB ratio over 25 innings this season. He signed a two-year, $12 million contract with the Phillies over the winter.
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 0
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 9
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 139
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (139)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)