Jun 24, 2013, 9:41 PM EDT
After landing on the disabled list over the weekend with what was described as right biceps tendinitis, Phillies reliever Mike Adams could be facing an extended absence.
Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro, Jr. told Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com this evening that Adams “could require some surgery” to address a labrum issue. We should have more definitive word after he gets a second opinion tomorrow from Dr. Neal ElAttrache in Los Angeles.
Adams, who turns 35 next month, owns a 3.96 ERA and 23/11 K/BB ratio over 25 innings this season. He signed a two-year, $12 million contract with the Phillies over the winter.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 45
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 50
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 50
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 95
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)