Jun 24, 2013, 9:41 PM EDT
After landing on the disabled list over the weekend with what was described as right biceps tendinitis, Phillies reliever Mike Adams could be facing an extended absence.
Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro, Jr. told Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com this evening that Adams “could require some surgery” to address a labrum issue. We should have more definitive word after he gets a second opinion tomorrow from Dr. Neal ElAttrache in Los Angeles.
Adams, who turns 35 next month, owns a 3.96 ERA and 23/11 K/BB ratio over 25 innings this season. He signed a two-year, $12 million contract with the Phillies over the winter.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 61
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 56
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11