Jun 24, 2013, 2:34 PM EDT
It all begins with one thing: getting on base. And that, in turn, begins with one thing:
“Learn the strike zone,” he said. “What is your strike zone? Stay inside your strike zone.”
Henderson gave an interview to USA Today about all of this while at the Yankees Old Timers Day yesterday. In it he talked about the role of the leadoff man and plate patience in general. It’s good stuff.
Those dudes who of late have been writing the “batters are being too patient and are trying too hard to work the count” stories should probably ask Rickey about that.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8