Jun 24, 2013, 2:34 PM EDT
It all begins with one thing: getting on base. And that, in turn, begins with one thing:
“Learn the strike zone,” he said. “What is your strike zone? Stay inside your strike zone.”
Henderson gave an interview to USA Today about all of this while at the Yankees Old Timers Day yesterday. In it he talked about the role of the leadoff man and plate patience in general. It’s good stuff.
Those dudes who of late have been writing the “batters are being too patient and are trying too hard to work the count” stories should probably ask Rickey about that.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 63
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 62
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29