Jun 24, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Jordan returned from Tommy John elbow surgery last year and didn’t crack Baseball America‘s list of top 10 Nationals prospects coming into this season, but he’s been incredibly good with a 0.95 ERA and 71/14 K/BB ratio in 85 innings between high Single-A and Double-A.
He’d be arriving in the majors with just 49 total innings above Single-A, but Jordan is 24 years old with five seasons of pro experience and the 6-foot-3 right-hander has a mid-90s fastball.
Haren, who signed a one-year, $13 million deal with the Nationals this offseason, has a 6.15 ERA in 15 starts while serving up a league-high 19 homers.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 11
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 16
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 25
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)