Jun 24, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Jordan returned from Tommy John elbow surgery last year and didn’t crack Baseball America‘s list of top 10 Nationals prospects coming into this season, but he’s been incredibly good with a 0.95 ERA and 71/14 K/BB ratio in 85 innings between high Single-A and Double-A.
He’d be arriving in the majors with just 49 total innings above Single-A, but Jordan is 24 years old with five seasons of pro experience and the 6-foot-3 right-hander has a mid-90s fastball.
Haren, who signed a one-year, $13 million deal with the Nationals this offseason, has a 6.15 ERA in 15 starts while serving up a league-high 19 homers.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 13
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 45
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 28
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 46
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)