Jun 24, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Jordan returned from Tommy John elbow surgery last year and didn’t crack Baseball America‘s list of top 10 Nationals prospects coming into this season, but he’s been incredibly good with a 0.95 ERA and 71/14 K/BB ratio in 85 innings between high Single-A and Double-A.
He’d be arriving in the majors with just 49 total innings above Single-A, but Jordan is 24 years old with five seasons of pro experience and the 6-foot-3 right-hander has a mid-90s fastball.
Haren, who signed a one-year, $13 million deal with the Nationals this offseason, has a 6.15 ERA in 15 starts while serving up a league-high 19 homers.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)