Jun 24, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Jordan returned from Tommy John elbow surgery last year and didn’t crack Baseball America‘s list of top 10 Nationals prospects coming into this season, but he’s been incredibly good with a 0.95 ERA and 71/14 K/BB ratio in 85 innings between high Single-A and Double-A.
He’d be arriving in the majors with just 49 total innings above Single-A, but Jordan is 24 years old with five seasons of pro experience and the 6-foot-3 right-hander has a mid-90s fastball.
Haren, who signed a one-year, $13 million deal with the Nationals this offseason, has a 6.15 ERA in 15 starts while serving up a league-high 19 homers.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)