Jun 24, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
And apparently the Pirates might send him back to the minors. General manager Neal Huntington said on his radio show Sunday that demoting Cole would make “smart business sense” once the Pirates’ other starters are healthy.
Michael Sanserino of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette writes that part of the move would simply be due to Cole having minor-league options and the Pirates having six starters for five spots, but sending the former No. 1 pick back to the minors would also limit his service time enough for Cole to avoid “Super 2″ arbitration status down the line.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)