Jun 25, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
I’m wondering if when the Biogenesis suspensions come out if they’ll be released in little emails just after 5pm. And I wonder if I’ll still use the Rachel Leigh Cook pic. Probably not and probably not, respectively, but I’ll consider it. Anyway:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that free agent Minor League left-handed pitcher Michael O’Connor has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for metabolites of Trenbolone, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
O’Connor — assuming this is the same Michael O’Connor — had three stints with the Nationals, starting 20 games for them in 2006 and last appearing in the bigs in 2011 with the Mets. A veteran of 12 minor league seasons, O’Connor turns 33 in August and was last seen on the Twins’ Triple-A roster. He was released in May.
Now he roams the Earth, presumably.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)