Jun 25, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Corey Hart has had multiple setbacks in his recovery from January knee surgery and six months later the Brewers first baseman still isn’t close to returning, leaving him understandably frustrated.
Here’s what he said to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, who described Hart as “dejected”:
Our timetable was off, so now we’re taking it day by day. They definitely overshot and it gave me optimism and hope. At the same time, it wasn’t realistic. So, I’m just trying to grind it out and see what happens. It’s definitely gotten better, but their timetable just never happened. They would say one thing and it never happened. I can do everything; I just can’t do everything as good as I need to. I don’t have the strength in it I need.
According to Haudricourt “at this point, it’s not completely out of the question that he will miss the entire season.”
That’s quite a change from the initial timetable that had him returning in May and in Hart’s extended absence the Brewers have gotten by far the worst production in baseball from their first basemen, who’ve combined to hit .180 with five homers and a .506 OPS in 74 games.
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 5
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 92
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 13
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 55
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (92)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)