Jun 25, 2013, 10:31 PM EDT
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel has the report:
As it turns out, first baseman Corey Hart now is having trouble with his left knee — the opposite knee from the one that has kept him out all season following late-January surgery. Apparently, concentraing so much on rehabbing his “bad” knee caused the other one to flare up.
Now, Hart is en route to Los Angeles to get a second opinion from the Dodgers’ orthopedist, Neal ElAttrache, to see what’s going on in the left knee.
Hart was expected to be ready by mid-to-late May, but he hasn’t progressed past light running and rounds of live batting practice. It’s now impossible to map out any sort of timetable for his return.
Brewers first basemen have batted .180/.222/.284 with five home runs and 38 RBI through 74 games this season. Hart, 31, hit .270/.334/.507 with 30 home runs and 83 RBI in 149 games last year.
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 28
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 25
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 84
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)