Jun 25, 2013, 10:31 PM EDT
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel has the report:
As it turns out, first baseman Corey Hart now is having trouble with his left knee — the opposite knee from the one that has kept him out all season following late-January surgery. Apparently, concentraing so much on rehabbing his “bad” knee caused the other one to flare up.
Now, Hart is en route to Los Angeles to get a second opinion from the Dodgers’ orthopedist, Neal ElAttrache, to see what’s going on in the left knee.
Hart was expected to be ready by mid-to-late May, but he hasn’t progressed past light running and rounds of live batting practice. It’s now impossible to map out any sort of timetable for his return.
Brewers first basemen have batted .180/.222/.284 with five home runs and 38 RBI through 74 games this season. Hart, 31, hit .270/.334/.507 with 30 home runs and 83 RBI in 149 games last year.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 18
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 5
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 86
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)