Jun 25, 2013, 10:31 PM EDT
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel has the report:
As it turns out, first baseman Corey Hart now is having trouble with his left knee — the opposite knee from the one that has kept him out all season following late-January surgery. Apparently, concentraing so much on rehabbing his “bad” knee caused the other one to flare up.
Now, Hart is en route to Los Angeles to get a second opinion from the Dodgers’ orthopedist, Neal ElAttrache, to see what’s going on in the left knee.
Hart was expected to be ready by mid-to-late May, but he hasn’t progressed past light running and rounds of live batting practice. It’s now impossible to map out any sort of timetable for his return.
Brewers first basemen have batted .180/.222/.284 with five home runs and 38 RBI through 74 games this season. Hart, 31, hit .270/.334/.507 with 30 home runs and 83 RBI in 149 games last year.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 15
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)