Jun 25, 2013, 10:31 PM EST
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel has the report:
As it turns out, first baseman Corey Hart now is having trouble with his left knee — the opposite knee from the one that has kept him out all season following late-January surgery. Apparently, concentraing so much on rehabbing his “bad” knee caused the other one to flare up.
Now, Hart is en route to Los Angeles to get a second opinion from the Dodgers’ orthopedist, Neal ElAttrache, to see what’s going on in the left knee.
Hart was expected to be ready by mid-to-late May, but he hasn’t progressed past light running and rounds of live batting practice. It’s now impossible to map out any sort of timetable for his return.
Brewers first basemen have batted .180/.222/.284 with five home runs and 38 RBI through 74 games this season. Hart, 31, hit .270/.334/.507 with 30 home runs and 83 RBI in 149 games last year.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 82
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (161)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)