Corey Hart is now having problems with his left knee

Jun 25, 2013, 10:31 PM EDT

hart getty Getty Images

Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel has the report:

As it turns out, first baseman Corey Hart now is having trouble with his left knee — the opposite knee from the one that has kept him out all season following late-January surgery. Apparently, concentraing so much on rehabbing his “bad” knee caused the other one to flare up.

Now, Hart is en route to Los Angeles to get a second opinion from the Dodgers’ orthopedist, Neal ElAttrache, to see what’s going on in the left knee.

Hart was expected to be ready by mid-to-late May, but he hasn’t progressed past light running and rounds of live batting practice. It’s now impossible to map out any sort of timetable for his return.

Brewers first basemen have batted .180/.222/.284 with five home runs and 38 RBI through 74 games this season. Hart, 31, hit .270/.334/.507 with 30 home runs and 83 RBI in 149 games last year.

1. 13arod - Jun 25, 2013 at 10:46 PM

what else could go wrong for the brewers

2. Gordon - Jun 25, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Dude looks like a caveman.

3. earpaniac - Jun 25, 2013 at 11:52 PM

See you in 2014, Corey.

4. ddjesus - Jun 26, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Stop asking, 13arod, it gets worse every time you ask. :(

5. rosemaryadvers - Jun 26, 2013 at 7:08 AM

I’m making $86 an hour working from home. I was shocked when my neighbour told me she was averaging $95 but I see how it works now. I feel so much freedom now that I’m my own boss. This is what I do,go to this site home tab for more detail—>>>
    ————->CLICK HERE<————–

6. Jonny 5 - Jun 26, 2013 at 8:35 AM

It’s quite common for someone suffering from a serious knee injury, to also have their “good” knee effected. Things like favoring the bad knee and placing all or most of your weight on the non-injured knee contribute to this. Also a lack of exercise contributes.

7. kollin7 - Jun 26, 2013 at 7:33 PM

It’s unfortunate that the Brewers took those pictures this off-season. Everyone is just so creepy, with that urine-colored background, and everything…

1. M. Morse (2246)