Jun 25, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Diamondbacks second baseman Aaron Hill is back from the disabled list after missing more than two months with a fractured hand that was initially expected to keep him out for 4-6 weeks.
Hill actually suffered the injury a week before being placed on the DL, as the Diamondbacks hadn’t determined that it was a fracture and allowed him to play through it. Now healthy, Hill went 9-for-24 (.375) in six games rehabbing at Triple-A.
In his absence the Diamondbacks used four different starters at second base, with Cliff Pennington and Willie Bloomquist basically splitting time there recently. Overall this season Arizona second basemen have hit .273 with a .704 OPS, which while decent is quite a dropoff from Hill hitting .304 with an .885 OPS since joining the Diamondbacks in mid-2011.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 0
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 61
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 63
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process (78)