Jun 25, 2013, 9:13 AM EDT
The other day we heard that Jose Reyes was going to come off the disabled list and join the Blue Jays on Thursday. Nope: Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that Reyes is set to rejoin the Blue Jays Wednesday and should be available for the day game against the Rays.
Reyes went down in April while he was hitting .395 with five stolen bases in 43 plate appearances.Munenori Kawasaki and Maicer Izturis have filled in for him and have, at times anyway, provided some excitement. But obviously the Jays want Reyes back at the top of the order as they become contenders in the AL East.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)