Jun 25, 2013, 9:13 AM EDT
The other day we heard that Jose Reyes was going to come off the disabled list and join the Blue Jays on Thursday. Nope: Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that Reyes is set to rejoin the Blue Jays Wednesday and should be available for the day game against the Rays.
Reyes went down in April while he was hitting .395 with five stolen bases in 43 plate appearances.Munenori Kawasaki and Maicer Izturis have filled in for him and have, at times anyway, provided some excitement. But obviously the Jays want Reyes back at the top of the order as they become contenders in the AL East.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 3
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)