Jun 25, 2013, 9:13 AM EDT
The other day we heard that Jose Reyes was going to come off the disabled list and join the Blue Jays on Thursday. Nope: Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that Reyes is set to rejoin the Blue Jays Wednesday and should be available for the day game against the Rays.
Reyes went down in April while he was hitting .395 with five stolen bases in 43 plate appearances.Munenori Kawasaki and Maicer Izturis have filled in for him and have, at times anyway, provided some excitement. But obviously the Jays want Reyes back at the top of the order as they become contenders in the AL East.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)