Jun 25, 2013, 9:13 AM EDT
The other day we heard that Jose Reyes was going to come off the disabled list and join the Blue Jays on Thursday. Nope: Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that Reyes is set to rejoin the Blue Jays Wednesday and should be available for the day game against the Rays.
Reyes went down in April while he was hitting .395 with five stolen bases in 43 plate appearances.Munenori Kawasaki and Maicer Izturis have filled in for him and have, at times anyway, provided some excitement. But obviously the Jays want Reyes back at the top of the order as they become contenders in the AL East.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)