Jun 25, 2013, 9:13 AM EST
The other day we heard that Jose Reyes was going to come off the disabled list and join the Blue Jays on Thursday. Nope: Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that Reyes is set to rejoin the Blue Jays Wednesday and should be available for the day game against the Rays.
Reyes went down in April while he was hitting .395 with five stolen bases in 43 plate appearances.Munenori Kawasaki and Maicer Izturis have filled in for him and have, at times anyway, provided some excitement. But obviously the Jays want Reyes back at the top of the order as they become contenders in the AL East.
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 4
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 160
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (160)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)