Jun 25, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
ESPN the Magazine’s answer to the SI Swimsuit issue is its annual “Body Issue.” Which is at least more honest than the Swimsuit Issue is in its intentions of giving you nude pictures of athletes. It’s not pretending to be something it isn’t. Here’s Jose Bautista from it last year. True to life but for the uniform and the complaining about the call on the imaginary pitch he’s swinging at.
They really do try to please everyone with this, giving us more or less tasteful nude men, women and athletes of all different sports. At least the good-looking ones. I don’t think John Daly is making this bad boy, but within the realm of the fit athletes, they do give a pretty fair representation of the sporting world.
This year’s baseball entrant: Matt Harvey. Who already has a sexy curveball. Guess we’ll see if there’s anything else sexy about him when the issue hits the stands next month.
- MRI shows biceps strain, no structural damage, for Nationals starter Jordan Zimmermann 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 10
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 7
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 47
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 32
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 63
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 80
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)