Jun 25, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
ESPN the Magazine’s answer to the SI Swimsuit issue is its annual “Body Issue.” Which is at least more honest than the Swimsuit Issue is in its intentions of giving you nude pictures of athletes. It’s not pretending to be something it isn’t. Here’s Jose Bautista from it last year. True to life but for the uniform and the complaining about the call on the imaginary pitch he’s swinging at.
They really do try to please everyone with this, giving us more or less tasteful nude men, women and athletes of all different sports. At least the good-looking ones. I don’t think John Daly is making this bad boy, but within the realm of the fit athletes, they do give a pretty fair representation of the sporting world.
This year’s baseball entrant: Matt Harvey. Who already has a sexy curveball. Guess we’ll see if there’s anything else sexy about him when the issue hits the stands next month.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 112
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (114)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)