Jun 25, 2013, 8:52 AM EDT
Hey Jonathan Papelbon! You just came into a 3-0 game in the ninth, blew the save and then watched as your team lost in extras. Tell us about this one:
Really, that’s what he said. It could be a team motto for this year’s Phillies, I suppose.
The Phillies, by the way, have the worst bullpen ERA in the majors.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 228
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (228)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (103)