Jun 25, 2013, 8:52 AM EST
Hey Jonathan Papelbon! You just came into a 3-0 game in the ninth, blew the save and then watched as your team lost in extras. Tell us about this one:
Really, that’s what he said. It could be a team motto for this year’s Phillies, I suppose.
The Phillies, by the way, have the worst bullpen ERA in the majors.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)