Jun 26, 2013, 5:20 PM EDT
Indians manager Terry Francona just announced that the Indians will activate closer Chris Perez from the disabled list Thursday, which means he’ll end up missing exactly a month with a strained shoulder.
During that time Perez was arrested and charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession for allegedly having pot delivered to his house in his dog’s name. Perez and his wife have pleaded not guilty to the charges and a hearing has been scheduled for next month.
Perez had a very shaky first rehab outing, allowing five runs on three homers, but apparently looked good enough while throwing a 1-2-3 inning yesterday at Single-A to convince the Indians he’s ready.
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 53
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)