Jun 26, 2013, 5:20 PM EDT
Indians manager Terry Francona just announced that the Indians will activate closer Chris Perez from the disabled list Thursday, which means he’ll end up missing exactly a month with a strained shoulder.
During that time Perez was arrested and charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession for allegedly having pot delivered to his house in his dog’s name. Perez and his wife have pleaded not guilty to the charges and a hearing has been scheduled for next month.
Perez had a very shaky first rehab outing, allowing five runs on three homers, but apparently looked good enough while throwing a 1-2-3 inning yesterday at Single-A to convince the Indians he’s ready.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)