Jun 26, 2013, 5:20 PM EDT
Indians manager Terry Francona just announced that the Indians will activate closer Chris Perez from the disabled list Thursday, which means he’ll end up missing exactly a month with a strained shoulder.
During that time Perez was arrested and charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession for allegedly having pot delivered to his house in his dog’s name. Perez and his wife have pleaded not guilty to the charges and a hearing has been scheduled for next month.
Perez had a very shaky first rehab outing, allowing five runs on three homers, but apparently looked good enough while throwing a 1-2-3 inning yesterday at Single-A to convince the Indians he’s ready.
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 4
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 17
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 23
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ends at 45 2/3 7
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)