Jun 26, 2013, 5:20 PM EDT
Indians manager Terry Francona just announced that the Indians will activate closer Chris Perez from the disabled list Thursday, which means he’ll end up missing exactly a month with a strained shoulder.
During that time Perez was arrested and charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession for allegedly having pot delivered to his house in his dog’s name. Perez and his wife have pleaded not guilty to the charges and a hearing has been scheduled for next month.
Perez had a very shaky first rehab outing, allowing five runs on three homers, but apparently looked good enough while throwing a 1-2-3 inning yesterday at Single-A to convince the Indians he’s ready.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69