Jun 26, 2013, 5:20 PM EDT
Indians manager Terry Francona just announced that the Indians will activate closer Chris Perez from the disabled list Thursday, which means he’ll end up missing exactly a month with a strained shoulder.
During that time Perez was arrested and charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession for allegedly having pot delivered to his house in his dog’s name. Perez and his wife have pleaded not guilty to the charges and a hearing has been scheduled for next month.
Perez had a very shaky first rehab outing, allowing five runs on three homers, but apparently looked good enough while throwing a 1-2-3 inning yesterday at Single-A to convince the Indians he’s ready.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)