Jun 26, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
For a while it was unclear if Clay Buchholz would even be placed on the disabled list, but the Sox ultimately did it out of an abundance of caution. Now, however, things are looking a bit more serious.
Buchholz threw 15-18 pitches off the mound but then shut it down. Farrell: “He still feels some restriction.” MRI next.
— Brian MacPherson (@brianmacp) June 26, 2013
The idea of Clay Buchholz taking some time off, skipping a start or two and then coming back fresh suddenly looks a wee bit too optimistic.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (152)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)