Jun 26, 2013, 2:30 PM EST
For a while it was unclear if Clay Buchholz would even be placed on the disabled list, but the Sox ultimately did it out of an abundance of caution. Now, however, things are looking a bit more serious.
Buchholz threw 15-18 pitches off the mound but then shut it down. Farrell: “He still feels some restriction.” MRI next.
— Brian MacPherson (@brianmacp) June 26, 2013
The idea of Clay Buchholz taking some time off, skipping a start or two and then coming back fresh suddenly looks a wee bit too optimistic.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (122)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)