Jun 26, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
For a while it was unclear if Clay Buchholz would even be placed on the disabled list, but the Sox ultimately did it out of an abundance of caution. Now, however, things are looking a bit more serious.
Buchholz threw 15-18 pitches off the mound but then shut it down. Farrell: “He still feels some restriction.” MRI next.
— Brian MacPherson (@brianmacp) June 26, 2013
The idea of Clay Buchholz taking some time off, skipping a start or two and then coming back fresh suddenly looks a wee bit too optimistic.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)