Jun 26, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
For a while it was unclear if Clay Buchholz would even be placed on the disabled list, but the Sox ultimately did it out of an abundance of caution. Now, however, things are looking a bit more serious.
Buchholz threw 15-18 pitches off the mound but then shut it down. Farrell: “He still feels some restriction.” MRI next.
— Brian MacPherson (@brianmacp) June 26, 2013
The idea of Clay Buchholz taking some time off, skipping a start or two and then coming back fresh suddenly looks a wee bit too optimistic.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)