Jun 26, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
For a while it was unclear if Clay Buchholz would even be placed on the disabled list, but the Sox ultimately did it out of an abundance of caution. Now, however, things are looking a bit more serious.
Buchholz threw 15-18 pitches off the mound but then shut it down. Farrell: “He still feels some restriction.” MRI next.
— Brian MacPherson (@brianmacp) June 26, 2013
The idea of Clay Buchholz taking some time off, skipping a start or two and then coming back fresh suddenly looks a wee bit too optimistic.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)