Jun 26, 2013, 8:53 AM EST
No, it wasn’t Andre Dawson in the Ivy. From the Chicago Tribune:
Former Cubs pitcher Kerry Wood discovered a man’s body floating in the water while out in Belmont Harbor, police said. Wood was paddle boarding around 11:10 a.m. Monday when he saw the body, according to police. “Mr. Wood immediately notified 911 of this discovery,” according to a police report.
Turns out it was a patient who had been reporting missing from a nursing home.
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to shoulder issue 14
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 63
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4