Jun 26, 2013, 8:53 AM EDT
No, it wasn’t Andre Dawson in the Ivy. From the Chicago Tribune:
Former Cubs pitcher Kerry Wood discovered a man’s body floating in the water while out in Belmont Harbor, police said. Wood was paddle boarding around 11:10 a.m. Monday when he saw the body, according to police. “Mr. Wood immediately notified 911 of this discovery,” according to a police report.
Turns out it was a patient who had been reporting missing from a nursing home.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)